Friday 3 August 2007

A Little Chocolate for Your Soul

Speaking of chocolate (wasn't I talking about chocolate?), here's the recipe to those birthday chocolate cupcakes:

Preheat oven to 375 F, line muffin tins with paper liners.

  • 3 c. flour
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. cocoa
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 c. oil
  • 2 tsp. vinegar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 c. water

Just throw it all in a bowl and whisk or mix with an electric hand mixer. Fill each muffin cup almost full. I've lost the original instructions, so I bake for about 10 minutes at 375 and then lower the temp to 350 and bake until I smell them and have to come running from another room. The trick is to catch them before that because if they're a little underdone they're wonderfully moist and just a smidgen gooey....mmmmmmmm

I vowed to Safiya that yes, we would have pink icing and sprinkles, but knowing how her body processes artificial colours, I splurged and ordered natural food colouring online and found not-so-offensive-sprinkles at The Big Carrot.

No picture today...I need a clapper for my camera.....

Oh, and today? Today Safiya was so tired at the end of today that she fell asleep standing up, eating an icecream cone......mid-bite

No comments: