Wednesday 15 August 2007

Beginning of the End of Summer

It's the beginning of the end of August...

Things are changing. The mornings are very cool, the sun isn't streaming into our bedroom from the other side of the house at 5-o'clock a.m., it's not nearly as humid, and there are pears already at the farmers' market. Pears mean autumn, but I brought some home anyway because they were so sweet.

This year it's been a much cooler August than I remember. I hope it warms up in time for a much-anticipated camping trip at the beginning of September.....

The idea of seasons in work has also been churning in the back of my mind lately. The next time 'round the sun I think I'll make a commitment to not work in July and August, except for personal things. Looking back, I probably didn't do much "work", but the feeling was there that I ought to be doing it, which is not really where I wanted to be. Summer is a time for exploration of ideas, and perhaps less actual execution of them...But now, now with Fall (gasp!) coming, now I feel the excitement and the urgency coming back, and I welcome it.

Seasonal work, just like everything else seasonal...

No comments: