Monday 30 July 2007

A Pretty Scene...


This is part of the next round of playcapes, and then I'll nearly be out of that pink and white flower fabric. I'll be sad to see it go, it's so cheery - that's the problem with recycled fabric! Hmmmm with all the pink around here, you'd never guess that my favourite colour is actually so-clear-it-makes-your-heart-ache-sky-blue.....


It's hot hot again, so I'm using one of the tables we borrowed for the party as a cutting table. I love my basement "studio", but nothing beats working outside under the trumpet vine, with a gentle breeze and the fragrance of phlox in the air....

Bucolic scenes aside, the day ended with me devouring, in frustration, a tub of chocolate and peanut-butter soy icecream, smothered with left-over birthday party chocolate ganache....

Our house is fortunate to have a terrific cross-breeze, but the bedroom faces west and in the afternoon gets pretty hot. There's a metal awning on the window, which does a pretty good job shielding everything until about 5pm, and then the sun just pours in. No curtain, 'cause that would block the breeze.....I deeply dislike shades. So, in a move that I'm sure any home-owners' association would have a heart attack over, my plan was to hang some fabric from the bottom edge of the awning in order to block the sun, but preserve the breeze. Simple. But how to attach it? Magnets! (Suggests Mr. S.....)

Great idea! I sewed it up, a little pocket for each of 4 heavy-duty magnets, managed to navigate the 4 million pieces to our 60's sliding windows, and.....

magnets don't stick to aluminum

No comments: