Friday 4 May 2007

All at Once

Safiya has been very busy lately, doing new things. Like climbing things fearlessly (mostly in the park), and nonchalantly trying new food that she wouldn't have given a look at a week ago. And getting naked (a lot) and using her little potty on her own...without telling me.....

And saying things like (this morning), "I think I want to make a salad, please. For a snack." She didn't want to eat the salad, but she wanted to make one, for my snack. The pretzels are hers...


And then there was this (under supervision.....):

"It's o.k., Mama," she said reassuringly, "I'm making a quilt. See? I'm holding the heads of the pins, not the pointy ends!"

Oh, well, in that case....

1 comment:

Jan said...

I like everything about your blog. It's honest and refreshing.