Friday 13 April 2007

Hens and Chicks and a Little Crazy

Sun! I think I see sun! Nope...

The bleh weather's been affecting both Safiya (who's been feeling a little under the weather, actually) and I (who is just crazy sun-deprived), and although there was some adorable-ness this morning:


we had to resort to playing the song Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (I spelled that right on the first try - the day is looking up!) over and over on high volume in the playroom, dancing like maniacs. Then we squeezed some fresh orange juice and ate pickles and mashed potatoes for lunch. We're feeling much better.

In case you're wondering, there's a mama, a granny, and a baby hens-and-chicks up there (plucked from the everything-else-still-dormant garden outside), each on their respective colours. When I asked about the green plate, Safiya said matter-of-factly "oh, the Babo hens-and-chicks is at work. Don't worry, he'll come home soon...and then he'll be soooo happy to see his baby!"

We like the ends of days around here too...

Now for the present time, if I can just get the sewing machine fixed while she naps...or maybe I'll just sit here waiting for bits of sun...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...hum diddle little little hum diddle lie...
i haven't heard that song in ages, but it's all coming back...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo! Just found your blog today through clothpaperstring and I'm really enjoying it!!!